Monday, April 8, 2013

Ideas for Kindness


I spent a lot of time at the end of last year looking for ideas of things I could do as random acts of kindness. I have a list that I am still considering, and I thought I would share part of it here, and would love to hear if you have any more ideas for me! I am just getting started with this project of mine, and am looking forward to it growing over time.


  •  Give a coupon to someone in line somewhere (Someone did this for me while I was buying my father an ice cream cake at Dairy Queen. It was so unexpected, and I saved $5 on the cost of the cake, which I was thrilled about. The man told me he didn't plan to buy any cakes any time soon, and saw me with it, so he decided to give it to me. It made my day!).
  •  Leave flowers on a doorstep.
  • Donate blood, or if you already donate regularly, see if any of your friends would like to donate, but just haven't gotten around to it yet. If they don't drive, offer them a drive to go donate with you!
  •  If you've discovered a small business that you love, spread the word about how great they are! 
  • Send a card, email, or text to someone you care about, telling them how much they mean to you.
  • Volunteer somewhere new.
  • Donate blankets, towels, food, or other items to an animal shelter or rescue organization (Cat Rescue Maritimes Fredericton or the Fredericton SPCA, for example).
  • Donate an item you have made to an organization that could use it to fundraise.
  •  Take a CPR class. You never know when this may help someone in a very significant way. 
  •  Join a bone marrow registry, and know that someday, you may be able to save a life. (www.onematch.ca , in Canada)
  •  Send someone a compliment via text, facebook, email, the phone, or in person. 
  • Send a card to a friend or relative, just to tell them you care.
  • Write a nice note about an exceptional employee and make sure it gets to their supervisor.



These are just a few of my favourite ideas. Tell me yours!

1 comment:

  1. Leave positive sticky notes on the mirrors of public washrooms or anywhere else you can find that seems suitable!

    ReplyDelete