Image from: http://www.solar1.org/the-seeds-of-earth-day/
Today is Earth Day, and although every day should be filled with “green” activities, today can be a day meant to increase your level of earth friendliness.
You can either try a new activity in honor of Earth Day, or to do something you already do, but put a little extra effort into it.
For example, if you sometimes buy organic food, maybe try to eat mostly organic for the day. If you often walk to work, but not always, make sure that today is one of the days you walk to work.
Here are some ideas for how to honor Earth Day this year:
- Try to drive a little less than usual.
- Try to use electronics a bit less than usual.
- Spend a little extra time in nature today.
- Eat vegetarian, vegan, local, or organic for a day.
- Don’t buy anything you don’t need today!
- Visit a library and take out a few books.
- Volunteer somewhere, or make arrangements to volunteer somewhere soon.
- Do something creative with materials you already have at home.
- Make your own earth-friendly cleaners.
If you have any ideas of your own, let me know!
Now, I’m going to go get started on this list and see if I can make my day a bit greener than usual!
Image from: http://www.zmescience.com/ecology/environmental-issues/earth-day-2009-dont-let-it-be-just-another-day/