Image taken by me at Hal-Con
You know you’re a Whovian when:
- Any kind of creaky, wheezy sound makes you think of the T.A.R.D.I.S.
- You do a bit of a double take every time you see a statue (and then perhaps wonder what kind of pose you could do when taking a photo with that statue in order to make it look like it is killing you).
- Bowties make you think “bowties are cool,” in Matt Smith’s voice.
- The sentence “I don’t want to go,” breaks your heart a little every time you hear it.
- A Van Gogh painting always brings tears to your eyes as you remember his immense pain, and how overwhelmed he was when he learned about his success.
- You hear yourself explaining the T.A.R.D.I.S. beginning with “it’s bigger on the inside.”
- You are constantly trying to explain your Doctor Who obsession to the people around you, to convince them you are not crazy.
- You cringe when people refer to the character as “Doctor Who” instead of “the Doctor.”
- Every now and then, when you see a statue, you remember Rory and Amy, and tear up a little.
- Soufflés make you sad for Clara.
- Wild curly hair always reminds you of River.
- Sometimes, when you think of the name “River Song,” you remember that it was really Pond, Melody, and tear up again.
- Libraries both bring you great joy and great sadness, remembering River.
- Astronaut suits bring up a whole bunch of confusing memories and feelings for you.
- You accidentally quote Doctor Who daily, and then try to explain the significance of the quote to non-Whovians.