Monday, May 6, 2013

Mother's Day Shopping- Part 2

I think that buying local is important, and that Mother’s Day is a day when handmade gifts are especially appropriate.

Below, I have put together some ideas of things to buy or to make for your mother for Mother's Day this year.


Cheryl’s Painted Delights has amazing paintings. My mother is madly in love with the one I bought her for Christmas (shown below). It hangs in her living room, and she frequently talks about how gorgeous it is. Cheryl just painted my jewellery racks, and I can't wait to post some pictures of them!




Eco Fab Mama has a great selection of eco-friendly soaps and so many other products that would make a great addition to any gift.




Handmade items don’t have to necessarily come from someone else, of course. If you are crafty, it can be nice to give your mother a little something that you have made for her.

Baking is something I enjoy, and if your mother has a sweet tooth, there are many options out there for her! If she feels bad indulging in sweets, I would recommend that you try just about anything from the Chocolate Covered Katie website. Her recipes are vegetarian or vegan and are incredibly healthy. Most are also sugar-free, and they tend to be fairly simple to make!

How about giving your mother multiple gifts, labeled for every hour of the day that she will be awake? She will have to open each one sometime around the time on the package, so that she gets presents all day long!

These are just a few ideas for Mother’s Day this year. Whatever you do, be sure to thank your mother for giving you life!

If you would like a custom order for your mom (or for anyone else), I would love to talk to you about it! And don't forget about my Mother's Day Sale happening on facebook!

And remember, there are lots of other mothers in your life too! Mother’s Day gifts don’t have to be limited to just your own mother!

No comments:

Post a Comment