Thursday, March 21, 2013

Time and Values




"Don’t say you don’t have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Pasteur, Michaelangelo, Mother Teresa, Leonardo da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson, and Albert Einstein."
~H. Jackson Brown Jr.

Nearly every day, I feel as though I don’t have enough time. I am always wishing for extra hours to accomplish more tasks.

Of course, this is silly. I cannot actually add hours to my day. What I can do is change the way I use the time I have. The universe cannot give you more time. Only you can.

Today, take a moment to think about what you spend your time on. Is there something you spend time on that isn’t actually very important to you? Do you make time for the people and the activities you really value?

I’m currently trying to focus my attention on the things that are most important to me. Of course, there are things we can’t avoid doing, like earning the money we need to survive, but there are many small things about our daily activities that we have complete control over, and can rearrange accordingly.

You never know what day might be your last. Make sure you do something every day that you can feel good about.

No comments:

Post a Comment